Thursday, January 8, 2009

Checking in and Cheers to Leslee

Good afternoon, girls...and boys, too, if you're reading over our shoulders. This is my first blogging adventure, and I'm looking forward to keeping up...praying together...and enjoying sharing life with each of you.

It was so cool, Leslee to read that you and Jason are working on reading your Bibles each day this year. How's it coming so far? Are you reading through...working on a time-line...or what? Curtis and I have been studying together each morning after the kids go to school. It's such a nice time to share together. Sarah, your friend Rex is Rex Boyles, yes? He's such a dear man. I got to know him while working at LCU doing camps. Jaymie, I have to agree with Leslee...the family picture was great. Thanks for sharing with all of us. I'm still bummed that I had to stay so far away from you guys during the Thanksgiving break.

I would have to ask that you all pray for me as we head into the spring semester at school. As you know, it's TAKS time. We have already started the TAKS push, even though the math tests aren't until the last week of April for high school. That means that at least two nights a week, starting in March probably, we will take our show on the road and tutor the kids in Sweetwater and Snyder for three hours after school...getting home about ten on those nights. It is really good for the students, and I can see the improvement, but it has been such a drain on me, personally, since I am away from Curtis, Caleb and Hannah so much during that time. One end of our building houses DAEP (disciplinary alternative educational placement) for several of our districts. One of our districts has us keep their kids an extra two hours each day, so twice a week, I stay after school from three to five with those guys doing extra tutoring in math. Again, it is good for the students, but....

Anyway, I'm not trying to sound whiney here at all....it is good for the students...and I enjoy it for the most-part. I would just like an extra lifting up in prayer that I will stay the course set before me. I would like to get through the semester with my patience still intact...as well as my grace and dignity. Above all, I would like to keep my tongue controlled with my family at home...as they are the ones who are most likely to find out "what I really think."

Leslee, thank you for starting this blog. I love you all. --Heather

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Yep, that's the Rex! He is my favorite Rex!

Frieda said...

Feathern, Count on me to be praying for you this Spring. I'm sure all professions require lots of energy, but I know teaching to exhaust one mentally, physically, and emotionally. ...And work is not the only life you have. Last night I got home after 4:00 and had to have supper ready by 4:40. Rich was to have extra duty at a basketball tourney at school from 5:00 until 7:30ish. It was an all out rush, but I made stroganoff, rice, salad, asparagus, and bread and got it on the table. Brandon washed the dishes while I plopped down on the couch for a couple of hours.

susan said...

i am prying for your everyday strength and sanity! GOD is able to do so much more than we think or ask and i love your reliance on HIM for that.

jaymie said...

I feel like I missed something on the Rex thing! Our family knows him from AIM....when he used to come through paris and stuff...anywyas...I'm thinking I"m missing some posts or something. Or maybe I'm missing parts of my brain....very very possible.